What I'd like to accomplish as a board member
- I want to create more community engagement and better community access to meetings.
- I want to maintain the venues and services we have. For example improving the pool, updating the beach house, and replacing the effluent pipeline.
- I want to utilize my skills from working with legislatures to help create consensus.
- I have spent a lot of time working with legislatures, school boards, and departments of education on their budgets and financials.
- I recommend that we create some infographics around the financials as well as utilize the information to create one pagers that can easily be disseminated to the community.
- There has been a lot of dialogue around the lack of internal controls; however, IVGID does have internal controls in place even though they may not always be explicitly written out. I do think that it is important that we begin to walk through our internal controls and begin to update our policies and procedures.
- IVIGID is only authorized to handle water, sewer, trash and recreation, IVGID should require that every short-term rental has a bear box.
- In terms of beach access, one of the areas the GM Advisory group on Ordinance 7 will address is how ordinance 7 is working with beach access. This will be important because it will allow for community input and give the board information to make a strong decision when addressing ordinance 7.
Expansion of Summer Activities
- I do not believe we need to turn Diamond Peak into "Disneyland" in the summer.
- I do believe that we need to create a summer plan for Diamond Peak because currently we have no permitting for the summer. This means IVGID is requesting permitting every summer for various activities.